Saturday, February 4, 2012

Comment about success

Sorry, no photo.
Success comes in many forms.
The latest success in my kitchen was the crock-pot haggis for Dave's Birthday.
It was his big request, so he gets it. It's not like he asked for a 5 layer yellow cake with butter cream frosting and sprinkles.  Not Paleo, but at least the grains were steel cut oats and I used about 1/2 of what the recipe called for. About one cup spread between what I think will be 8-10 servings.  It still tasted great and we're thinking about even less grain in the next one because the oats really stood out. I guess one you stop eating grains for a while they become more noticeable.  Instead of Neeps'N'Tatties I smashed a cauliflower and instead of a sweet and sour jam based sauce I did a mustard cream sauce with a splash of scotch. We also had a shot of scotch - the first alcohol I've had since New Year's. That alone seems a little strange.  We usually have wine with dinner at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is encouraged, Drop a line!