Thursday, February 2, 2012

Aw yeah,breakfast for dinner!

Leftovers night.
We had half a loaf of banana bread on the counter. I decided to put some out of it's misery by making it into french toast. I am a huge fan of breakfast for dinner.
This is truly the first "Paleo bread" thing that tasted like wheat based bread.
The banana bread on it's own was kind of heavy, mostly flax meal and the baking soda stood out a bit. And I used one banana in a recipe that called for 3 but that seemed like a lot of sugar and I cut back on sugar(honey) in the recipe as well, so it was weird for sure.

Added some cinnamon to egg and soaked it up, then cooked in bacon fat.
Syrup was slightly watered down maple agave that I had not tried before - WIN!
I'm going to make this bread in cinnamon raisin just for french toast now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is encouraged, Drop a line!