Thursday, January 15, 2009

General update

I have been away from this blog, which I have treated rather poorly for far too long.
but while I was away I joined a band and bought a house

House blog is here

Band is here

As part of a more organized new year I hope to put this blog to use keeping up with items other than the aforementioned house and band.

This will just be a miscellaneous journal.

So here's some miscellaney

It's freezing in this office.
I believe the Boston temp is bout 10 degrees right now. I am in an office on Beacon Hill 8 feet from a door that has a nearly one inch gap at the top. It isn't windy, so the cold just sort of seeps in. And people come in for various reasons so the warmth goes right out each time the door is opened. There is a big old room heater on the wall that has been cranking since 9:15 and the baseboard heat is turned up to 75 and has been going all day as well. I have on a heavy tank top, long sleeve silk sweater, long sleeve silk/cotton sweater and a heavy cotton hoodie. And I am still cold.

My lunch
As a new homeowner in a bad economy and a frigid winter, I know the importance of "brown-bagging" it.
In my case it was bento-ing it, but whatever.
I had chinese noodles (udon sized egg noodles) with some dumplings and turnip cake that was all leftovers from the pan-asian dinner I made last night. I couldn't find the divide for the box and I was late, so the edamame didn't make it into the meal. I also made crab rangoons, but they were all gone because they were awesome and I only made 6.

Dinner tonight
I put some kebab lamb chunks in a mixture of spices and olive oil on Tuesday night and cooked them slow last night. Tonight we'll have that with garlicky spinach and lebanese pickles and olives and tortillas that will pretend to be pita.

Once we're unpacked and the kitchen is a bit more functional I'll start putting up pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is encouraged, Drop a line!