Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Getting Bent(o)


aka Frustrated Artist Does Lunch

With no space, time or inspiration to paint theses days I have had an unattended itch to make stuff. You'd think that clothes, ads and promotionals stuff would sate it, but no. That's practical in a real practical way. But now I have discovered artistic bento. I knew about the fancy boxes, since you can get bento meals at sushi places, but I didn't know about the crazy, creative world of bento out there.
So, I have been looking at pictures of bento lunches from traditional to way silly on a lot more sites than I would have thought existed and now I am building them too. Unfortunately I have no pics of today's fabulous South Park box I made for Dave.
Cartman, blue sky, trees...wait-it's food! It's fun, creative and plenty silly. My lunch has star shaped purple pancake, a star onigiri on a field of brocolli and some fish cakes, not so cool, but cute. I also have cute boxes on the way. Making a fun lunch daily will offset that initial expense too. even Steven.
Pics in the future
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is encouraged, Drop a line!